Student Experience Coordinator
SEDA Group Pty Ltd delivers senior secondary and VET curriculum using an applied learning pedagogy, which means hands-on learning happens both inside and outside of the classroom. Through this applied learning model, students have a deeper connection to their education, resulting in enhanced engagement levels. The program was established in 2006 to meet the needs of young people whose education preference is for applied, context relevant, learning experiences.
SEDA achieves quality learning outcomes by tapping into students’ interests and building a curriculum that is hands on and embedded in an industry that they are passionate about. This results in mature, resilient and capable young men and women who on completing their secondary education are empowered with a range of pathway choices, be it further education or employment pathways.
SEDA is committed to Child Safety and the creation of an environment in which all young people feel safe, included and welcome. All staff have a responsibility to contribute to this environment and ensure that they interact with students in a manner that actively promotes the rights of young people. As part of induction staff are trained and informed of their obligations with respect to the safety of young people.
Student Experience Coordinator – Position Overview
About the role:
- Experience in mentoring young people in sports, community and education and related fields
- Experience with Department of Education Workplace Learning policy and procedure highly valued
- Experience with Department of Education Excursion policy and procedure highly valued
- Sport and Recreation Industry experience and networks preferable
- Demonstrated capacity to work with and build professional relationships with all stakeholders including young people, parents and colleagues
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills, and ability to use a range of methods to engage students, staff and partner organisations
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build rapport, and interact effectively with a broad range of people at all levels
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to use problem solving skills to identify problems and establish an appropriate solution
- Proficiency in using ICT and relevant software and database packages
SEDA is currently seeking a Student Experience Coordinator to support the WA Head Office team. The role is full time, based in Myaree and initially for a fixed term period with a possibility of extending. This position will be the essential link between education and industry in the SEDA program.
The SEDA Student Experience Coordinator is responsible for the administration of workplace learning, ownership of the SEDA Peak Placement program, as well as a vital contributor to the SEDA Pathways and Peak Experiences programs and student industry experiences, including excursion planning and administration. The position entails working closely with students, teachers and management on aspects that may develop the student experience in line with SEDA values, vision and industry.
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
To be successful in this role you will have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and ideally have experience in a similar role dealing with a variety of people, especially the stakeholders listed. You will be at ease working in a busy and at times challenging environment. You will also need to possess a Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training), Current Driver’s License and Working with Children Check (WWC)
Job Benefits and perks:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible work environment
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and student outcomes in a role that will be challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
Please click here to view the position description.
To apply in strict confidence send your application to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are therefore encouraged to submit their applications as early in the recruitment process as possible.
Applications close COB 22 February 2018.