Sports Development Program
SEDA’s partnership with Cricket Australia, the WACA and the Perth Scorchers provides students with a great opportunity to learn from industry experts in real life industry settings.
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- WACE Courses
- Year 11 General Physical Education Studies,
- Year 11 General English; and
- Year 11 General Career and Enterprise.
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- WACE Courses
- Year 12 General Physical Education Studies,
- Year 12 General English; and
- Year 12 General Career and Enterprise.
This is provided to students who meet the below criteria and allows students to apply for university immediately after the completion of the SEDA program.
– Achieve minimum literacy and numeracy standards set by the OLNA (online literacy and numeracy assessment)
– Breadth and Depth of learning completed through subject selection via SEDA and the completion of a minimum of 20 units or the equivalent
– Unit Completion insuring that students have completed all required subjects set by the SEDA program
– Meet the achievement standard of at least 14 C grades or higher over the duration of the SEDA program, including at least 6 C grades of equivalents in Year 12
WASSA (Western Australia Student Statement of Attainment)
A WASSA is provided to all students who complete their senior secondary education. This is a formal record of what graduating Year 12 students have achieved upon the completion of their studies. If students receive a WASSA, they are eligible to apply for universities as a mature age student 1 year after the completion of the SEDA program.
SEDA Group delivers these VET qualifications and manages the admissions process on behalf of Northern Metropolitan TAFE (RTO Provider: 52786). For Bunbury classes, students are enrolled with SEDA Group. In 2020, SEDA Group delivers WACE on behalf of Lynwood Senior High School & Manea Senior College. Providers are subject to change for 2021.
Download a copy of the SEDA WA Prospectus to learn more
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
Students have the opportunity to get involved in a range of participation programs and events including:
- Event management at test matches, One Day International and T/20 fixtures
- Event management at Scorchers BBL games
- Work placements across a variety of departments at the WACA
- Woolworths Health & PE Program – Delivery of cricket clinics in schools and In2Cricket Centres
- Woolworths Cricket Blast School Cup – School visits in conjunction with Cricket Australia and WACA staff
- Officiating at Woolworths Cricket Blast School Cups
- Community Coach Accreditation Course
- Level 1 Umpiring Accreditation
- Senior First Aid
Our hands-on programs and industry partnerships allow for us to base our classrooms in a variety of different locations. Venues include sports, recreation and community facilities, among other centres that you can read about on our venues page.
Class locations are fully equipped with all the infrastructure required for a classroom setting, allowing students to complete theory-based learning as well as selected practical activities.
Please find more information on our student wellbeing page.