- Students must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australia Permanent Resident to be eligible for any of the SEDA programs
- Western Australian students must successfully complete or have completed Year 10 or equivalent
- Selection into our Sports Development Programs is not dependent on sporting skills and students of all ability levels may apply
- Students who have already completed Year 11 may be able to enter directly into Year 12 level. Eligibility for this will be determined at an interview.
- Unfortunately, students who are already completing or have completed Year 12 are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have a non-traditional or different schooling history should contact our admissions staff to determine eligibility for our programs.
Traineeship in SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
To be eligible for subsidised training in a SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation Traineeship under the Jobs and Skills Program, you must:
• have left school, unless you’re undertaking a school-based traineeship;
• your primary place of residence is in Western Australia;
• have a valid USI;
• be 15 years of age or older (exemptions may apply for individuals under 15 years of age); and
• you are:
o an Australian citizen; or
o permanent visa holder or holder of visa subclass 309, 444, 785, 790, 820 or 826;
o a dependent or spouse of the primary holder of a visa subclass 457; or
o a Bridging Visa E holder (subclasses 050 and 051) and you have made a valid application for a visa of subclass 785 or 790.
Eligibility is subject to sighting relevant evidence by a SEDA Group representative prior to enrolment and there is availability in SEDA Group’s Contracted Programs of Study. Additional eligibility requirements for traineeships apply. For more information and eligibility criteria, click here.
Non School-based Trainee Tuition fee: $1,500.00
School-based Trainee Tuition fee: $0
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as Student service and resource fees.
Individuals who are eligible under the Jobs and Skills WA Program and enrol into the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation as a School-based Trainee with SEDA Group; the WA state government will contribute to the cost of training services and individuals will not be charged a tuition fee. Individuals should be aware that enrolling in the above programs may affect future training options and eligibility for government subsidised training.
Note that selection into SEDA’s programs is based on an online application and interview process. Students apply the year before they intend to commence the program for entry the following year (i.e. students intending to commence in Year 11 would begin their application while they are in Year 10 to start the following year). You can read more about our application process here.